Unified Amateur Rules
The match is fought over 3x3 minute rounds.
The match takes place in a 20ft Octagon.
If there is no work rate or submission on the ground the competitors will resume from a standing position.
- No strikes to the throat at all.
- No biting gouging or fish hooking.
- No attacking less than four fingers or toes.
- No head butting/hair pulling.
- No joint strikes i.e. to elbows or knees.
- No elbows strikes.
- No groin strikes.
- No Kicks to head and Body on the ground.
- No fingers or hands on opponents face or throat.
- No throws that aims your opponents head to hit on the ground.
- No knees to the head at all.
- No heel hooks.
- No holding on to the cage.
- No oil or Vaseline to be applied.
- Any techniques applied in a dangerous manner will lead to disqualification.
- All punches, Kicks to the head and body standing.
- On the ground punches to the head and the body.
- Standing knees to the body and legs only.
- On the ground kick to the legs only.
- All throws and takedowns.
Ways to Win:
- By submission (tapping out).
- By knockout.
- Referees or Doctors Intervention.
- Opponent�s corner man throws in the towel.
- By points decision.
- Excessive fouling or leaving the cage will lead to disqualification.
- Gloves: 7 to 8oz RDX Domed MMA GLOVES OR SIMILAR
- Gum shield.
- Groin guard.